The UK is a valued trading partner for South Africa, with annual bilateral trade worth just under £10 billion.
Top UK exports to South Africa are:
- non-metallic mineral manufactures
- road vehicles
- medicinal and pharmaceutical products
- petroleum and petroleum products
There are a number of business areas that could offer opportunities to Northern Ireland companies:
- Ports (in need of modernisation and extension)
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Environmental services and water
- Food and drink
GOV.UK provides detailed information on these sectoral opportunities.