Creative industries: international trade regulations

Specific regulations for the export of creative industries goods


Before you export any creative industries products, you must find out if you need a licence or need to comply with any sector-specific regulations.

Find information and guidance on export licensing for objects of cultural interest.

Because of the high value of many goods in this sector - particularly artworks and antiques - you may have to comply with money laundering procedures. Read more about money laundering regulations.

If you travel to trade fairs and exhibitions, or take film, theatre and music productions overseas, you can use an ATA Carnet to minimise the red tape involved in bringing goods temporarily into many countries. Read more about ATA and CPD carnets.