The Step Programme is a scheme designed to help small businesses develop their potential by using the skills of recent graduates and undergraduates to work on specific business projects. Businesses benefit from fresh ideas and the chance to address problems or opportunities for which time and resources are normally lacking.
How it works
Through the programme's fully managed service, businesses can:
- develop their placement description and candidate profile
- promote their opportunity to a database of over 25,000 candidates
- receive a shortlist of quality, pre-screened candidates
- gain support for themselves and their candidate through the full recruitment process
All placement students receive a weekly training allowance, which is tax and NI exempt. The host organisation pays Step who then pays the students, removing the cost and hassle for the host.
Your organisation can take part if:
- it is an SME, community or social enterprise with 250 employees or fewer
- it has a business-related project a student could complete in eight to 12 weeks
- you can commit resources to supervise the project and offer the student an insight into your business