Developing exports to South Africa could be a key part of growing your business. Breaking into the market can be challenging, but the right support and advice can significantly improve your prospects.
Invest NI offers a comprehensive range of advice, plus additional support services for businesses.
- Their selling outside Northern Ireland schemes include support with market research and market visits.
- Invest NI sector specialists can help you assess the opportunities for your business and advise on the best way forward.
- Invest NI can advise on how to use technology to support your exports.
- Invest NI can advise on financing your export business and may be able to provide financial support directly to businesses.
As well as Invest NI, there are other sources of support.
- The Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce (NICC) provides trade support services and networking opportunities.
- The Department for International Trade's Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS) is a business tool that lets you use the services of their trade teams, located in embassies, high commissions and consulates across the world, to benefit your business.
- A good freight forwarder can organise delivery and customs clearance, minimising the logistical problems you have to deal with.
- Your bank can advise you on the most appropriate form of financing, and how to protect yourself against foreign exchange risks and non-payment.
Read more about the available support for exporting.