Temporary exportation from the UK



You may want to export goods temporarily from the UK to countries outside the European Union. These could be commercial samples, goods that you want to exhibit or tools that you use in your trade.

There are two simplified procedures that you may be able to use to export goods temporarily from the UK, these are the ATA carnet and the Duplicate List. You have to pay for the ATA carnet, but it lets you export a fairly broad range of goods and cuts the amount of customs red tape in the UK and abroad. The Duplicate List is free to use, but only allows you to export a limited range of goods, and does not reduce your customs formalities abroad.

This guide explains the temporary exportation simplified procedures, the Ata Carnet and the Duplicate List.