Work with an advertising agency
Ten ways to make your advertising campaign a success
An advertising campaign can be a successful way to increase sales, as part of your marketing strategy. However if it is not well run and designed for your needs it may be a waste of money. During a campaign you should:
- Determine whether the agency understands your marketing objectives.
- Ask yourself whether the agency is demonstrating an understanding of your market and the competition. See choose an advertising agency.
- Insist that the agency report back to you regularly. See manage your relationship with the advertising agency.
- Institute agreed measures of effectiveness with the agency. See measure performance and set targets.
- Assess whether the campaign is hitting targets - if not, find out whether the agency is coming up with ideas to bring it back on track.
- Calculate whether the agency is working to your agreed budget. See set an advertising budget.
- Think about whether you are getting the best deal you can.
- Track where and when the advertisements are being run. Make sure the agency keeps you informed and that the advertisements actually appear when and where they are supposed to
- Check whether you are still dealing with the people in the agency you were first promised - consider the state of your relationship with them.
- Make sure the agency is still being creative and coming up with ideas to take your advertising strategy forward.