7 January 2019
Sales and marketing skills training for the tourism sector
The Tourism NI’s Tourism Sales Growth Programme is designed for small to medium sized tourism professionals. It will provide a practical understanding of the principles and practice of sales and marketing.
Through this programme you will not only gain the knowledge, but also the confidence in a wide range of areas, including:
- introduction to tourism sales and marketing
- understanding your target market
- digital and online marketing
- pricing for profit and revenue management
- consultative selling and preparing for trade events
- sales planning for long term growth
This programme offers a grounding in theory as well as the opportunity to directly apply all aspects to the business. It is delivered workshops, across three two-day modules from January – March 2020.
Who is it for?
The programme is suitable for:
- owners, managers or sales managers of a tourism businesses in Northern Ireland
- those eager to grow your sales over the coming year
- those who would like to gain a practical understanding of the sales and marketing skills that could make a direct impact on their business
These workshops are ideally suited for small tourism business owners, general managers and sales executives.
To accommodate as many industry as possible, Tourism NI will be running two simultaneous groups for this programme, detailed below as ‘group A’ and ‘group B’.
You must be able to commit to attending all sessions for either group A or group B to register for these workshops. Module dates for each group are as follows:
- Module 1: 14 - 15 January 2020
- Module 2: 4 - 5 February 2020
- Module 3: 10 - 11 March 2020
- Module 1: 16 - 17 January 2020
- Module 2: 6 - 7 February 2020
- Module 3: 12 - Friday 13 March 2020
For all workshops there will be a number of compulsory qualifying questions to complete as part of the registration process. You will receive a follow up email in the coming weeks to confirm if you have been successful in registering for the requested workshop.