1 March 2019
Explore business opportunities in Chile
From 01-04 April 2019 Invest NI will be hosting a Trade Mission visit to Chile. You are invited to join this mission and to take advantage of the business opportunities within the region.
The mission is open to companies wishing to develop their exports into a new market or grow existing business relationships and support customers.
Chile - Export Market
Latin America is the fourth largest economy in the world and many NI companies are already exporting to the region. This mission will provide the support for new companies seeking market entry or existing exporters
Chile’s economy is driven by the exceptional exports of the mining industry and agricultural products, and consistently ranks with one of the highest growth rates in the world. This creates a very stable and wealthy economy, with investments across all trade sectors, and the spending power and living standard expectations of one of the largest middle class in Latin America.
Chile has free trade agreements with 61 countries (including the UK), with a long term strategy of modernisation and import of new products and technologies.
Sectors that are open for imports in Chile:
- Agricultural equipment
- Consumer goods/Food & beverage
- Defense and security
- Financial services and education
- Food processing equipment
- Healthcare equipment and pharmaceuticals
- Infrastructure (Mining, construction, waste and recycling and forestry equipment)
- Outdoor recreation industry
- Renewables and energy
- Transport equipment
Export advice and guidance
In addition to the export advice and guidance provided by Invest NI's trade team in Belfast, Invest NI has recently opened a new office in Santiago and have an in-market trade adviser who can provide tailored market research and individual appointment arranging for your company in Chile. The cost of this service is subsidised by Invest NI and will be £400 +VAT.
Benefits of Participation
- advice and support on doing business in Latin America from our in-market team
- programme arranging through the Invest NI Santiago office and in-market adviser in Latin America
- direct insights into local market opportunities and conditions
- networking events providing you with the opportunity to meet with local industry representatives
- up to 50% contribution towards economy airfares*
- up to £75 per night towards accommodation*
*Contribution towards airfares and accommodation is for one participant per company only