Trading in the European Union
Trading with other EU markets
You need to consider your particular business needs and see whether trading with other European Union (EU) countries will be of benefit to you.
Look at individual EU countries, find out about market conditions and ask yourself the following questions:
- is there business you could do there?
- would your products or services fill a niche in the market?
- would they be competitive?
- are there opportunities to find materials or components of higher quality or at lower prices?
Read more about entering overseas markets.
Which countries are EU member states?
The following 28 countries are EU member states:
Information about market conditions in the various EU countries is available from a wide range of sources:
- Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) - offers support and advice to businesses across Europe and helps them make the most of the opportunities in the European Union.
- Invest Northern Ireland - to use the export-support services
Other bodies will also be able to help you explore the possibilities open to you in the EU, such as your trade association, professional body, or local Chamber of Commerce.