You can claim allowable business expenses for training that helps you improve the skills and knowledge you use in your business (for example, refresher courses).
The training courses must be related to your business.
You cannot claim for training courses that help you:
- start a new business
- expand into new areas of business, including anything related to your current business
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services