Webinar: Digital health opportunities in South Korea
Connect with leading figures in South Korea to hear about the country's key smart healthcare projects and opportunities for UK companies
Enterprise Europe Network and Innovate UK are inviting businesses to join a webinar on 28 September 2020 and connect with leading figures in South Korea's digital healthcare landscape.
Attendees will have an opportunity to:
- hear about the country's 'New Digital Deal' programme
- explore key smart healthcare investment projects
- find out what this means for UK SMEs looking to access and develop international relationships in this fast-growing, high tech market
The webinar is being delivered as part of Innovate UK's Global Business Innovation Programme. It will focus on the following areas:
- big data and artificial intelligence
- chronic diseases
- system efficiency
- P4 medicine (predictive, preventative, personalised, participatory)
Why South Korea?
As an early adopter of track and trace, South Korea was successful in containing the COVID-19 virus and has now prioritised economic recovery with the new, Roosevelt-styled 'K-deal'. Under the deal, it will invest 160 trillion won (£102 billion) to create 1.9 million jobs by 2025 in the digital and green sectors.
Digital health will benefit from a further surge of investment, bringing its estimated worth to US$5.4 billion by the end of 2020. A country known for being high tech and digitally connected, with a culture for early adoption along with the relaxation of regulations in telemedicine, this is a market that offers increasing opportunities for UK SME’s developing digital healthcare technologies.
First published 28 August 2020