Your business has legal duties to provide safe and healthy conditions for your employees, customers, suppliers and anyone else who could be affected by your activities.
Your business can also benefit from good health and safety at work. Effective health and safety practices pay for themselves. This is because they help you avoid staff illness, accidents and the associated costs. They can also improve your reputation with customers, regulators and employees.
This guide offers an introduction to the essentials of health and safety for your business.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services