ATA and CPD carnets

Who to go to for further information on ATA and CPD carnets

If you hold an ATA carnet and you want to extend the period of validity, or you have another query about the carnet you hold, contact the National ATA Carnet Unit at:

National ATA Carnet Unit
Customs House
Furness Quay
Salford Quays
M50 3XN

You can call the National ATA Carnet Unit on Tel 03000 579 060 or email at

If you hold an expired CPD carnet issued by the RAC, the address to return the expired carnet is:

Carnet department
RAC House
Great Park Road
Bradley Stoke
BS32 4QN

For general queries about using ATA or CPC carnets complete the Customs General enquiry form or call the HMRC VAT Helpline on Tel 0300 200 3700.

For a review against a Customs decision, within 30 days of the date of the decision you should contact:

HM Revenue & Customs
Excise, Customs, Stamps and Money
Customs Review and Appeals Team
7th Floor South West
Alexander House
21 Victoria Avenue
Essex SS99 1AA

Find out about appeals on the Adjudicator's Office website or email for further information.

To apply for a ATA carnet, and for any queries regarding the use and validity of carnets you should contact:

The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Export Documents - Carnets
33 Queen Street

You can call the London Chamber of Commerce Export Documents Department on Tel 020 7203 1856.

In the UK you can obtain ATA carnets for goods to be temporarily exported from the UK from these Chambers of Commerce authorised by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry:

  • Barking (London)
  • Belfast
  • Birmingham
  • Bradford
  • Bristol
  • Dorset (Poole)
  • Edinburgh
  • Glasgow
  • Hounslow (Middlesex)
  • Leicester
  • Liverpool
  • London
  • Manchester
  • Newcastle-upon-Tyne (Durham)
  • Northampton
  • Norwich
  • Nottingham
  • Portsmouth
  • Southampton
  • Thames Valley