Developing a marketing strategy is vital for any business. Without one, your business won't be able to reach the ideal customers for its goods or services.
The focus of your strategy should be to communicate the benefits of your products and services and how they can meet your customers' needs. This can then help you develop a long-term and profitable relationship with them.
You will also need to create a flexible strategy that can respond to changes in customer perceptions and demand. It may also help you identify whole new markets that you can successfully target.
This guide explains how to focus on reaching potential customers using a well-designed and targeted marketing strategy with detailed market and customer analysis.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services