Your business has legal duties to provide safe and healthy conditions for:
- anyone else your activities could affect
Your business can also benefit from good health and safety at work. Effective health and safety practices pay for themselves. This is because they help you avoid staff illness, accidents and the associated costs. They can also improve your reputation with customers, regulators and employees.
This guide outlines employers’ health and safety responsibilities. It explains the business benefits of good health and safety. This guide also includes a video tutorial on meeting health and safety requirements.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services