Use technology to improve employee voice
Every business has a range of online channels it uses to communicate with employees. These could be email, an intranet system, blogs or social networking sites - which can all help employees share views, knowledge and ideas.
What technology is right for your business?
When deciding which technologies are right for your business to facilitate staff feedback, you could consider:
- ask staff - ask your employees what would help them easily communicate with management and colleagues
- clear policies and guidelines - create and communicate clear guidelines and policy on the use of technology - including the accessing of social networking sites and use of language - and addressing any misuse of them - develop a social media policy
- collaborative systems - use internal systems, external tools, collaboration sites or a combination of these mechanisms depending on your aims, technical capabilities and budget
- management participation - demonstrate your own support by participating in discussions too and encouraging colleagues to do the same
- early adopters - identify and support early adopters who can start encouraging involvement across the rest of your business
- recognise and reward staff - celebrate ideas, feedback and improvements that come from collaboration through tools and online channels