Skills Advancement Grant
Up to £10,000 for staff training for account managed Invest NI customers involved in manufacturing or internationally tradable services.
This support is available to Invest Northern Ireland customers. If your business can show that it intends to sell outside Northern Ireland, is actively pursuing growth plans and will contribute to increasing productivity and innovation in Northern Ireland, you could become a customer with Invest NI.
The criteria for Invest NI customers is as follows:
- actual turnover >= £250,000
- actual external sales >= 25 per cent or £250,000 per annum
- growth potential
Growth potential is defined by Invest NI as:
- potential employment growth >= 20 per cent or >= 20 jobs within three years; or
- potential external sales growth >=20 per cent or >= £500,000 within three years; or
- potential increase in GVA / employee >= 20 per cent within three years
Support is available for external training, travel and accommodation costs at 50% grant up to a maximum of £15,000 grant. The grant is available for 18 months only with no option to extend the offer. It does not cover mandatory training and VAT is excluded.
The minimum training expenditure supported is £2k (£1k grant). Please note that multiple Skills Advancement Grants cannot operate simultaneously for the same company or in conjunction with Skills for Growth projects.
- Invest Northern Ireland