Alcohol duty: moving and storing goods

Please note: alcohol duties guidance from HM Revenue & Customs can be found on the GOV.UK website. We provide links to the key information below.

Import alcohol into the UK
Find out how you can import alcohol into the UK and the duty and VAT you need to pay for each method

Receiving, storing and moving excise goods
How to move, store and trade duty-suspended and duty-paid excise goods

Alcohol and Tobacco Warehousing Declarations
Use Alcohol and Tobacco Warehousing Declarations to send your excise warehousing returns and payment warrants to HMRC

Excise Movement and Control System: how to register and use
When you must use the Excise Movement and Control System (EMCS), and how to register and enrol

Duty Stamps Scheme: how to register
Find out when you need duty stamps for retail alcohol you import and make, and how to get them