Choose an insurance adviser for your business



As a business owner and/or employer you will use two types of insurance adviser. You will need to identify the type of insurance you need so that you can find a suitable broker for your business. See which type of insurance adviser do you need?

General and commercial risk insurances are dealt with by an insurance intermediary, sometimes referred to as an insurance broker. An insurance intermediary deals with a number of insurance companies and may be able to secure a better deal for you.

Life assurance, protection and health insurance are dealt with by independent financial advisers (IFAs).

Insurance brokers and IFAs act as intermediaries between you and an insurance company.

This guide explains the issues involved in choosing both types of adviser and what to do when presenting your insurance risk details.

  • Financial Conduct Authority Helpline
    0800 111 6768