Register for the Northern Ireland Retail Movement Scheme
Qualifying traders and businesses can now register for the Northern Ireland Retail Movement Scheme (NIRMS).
The Northern Ireland Retail Movement Scheme (ReMoS) will start on 1 October 2023, replacing the existing Scheme for Temporary Agrifood Movements into Northern Ireland (STAMNI) from that point.
Businesses are now able to register for the Northern Ireland Retail Movement Scheme (NIRMS). If you have pre-registered, you can review and confirm your information to register.
Traders will need to provide:
- their type of business
- departure and arrival establishments in both Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- a UK Food Business Operator registration number
- contact information
What are the benefits of the Retail Movement Scheme?
Businesses moving goods under the scheme will be able to benefit from the new green lane arrangements provided for in the Windsor Framework. This means that businesses will:
- avoid extensive and costly certification and assurance processes
- be able to move products that meet UK public health, organics and fisheries rules
All businesses responsible for selling or facilitating the movement of food for final consumption in Northern Ireland are eligible to benefit from these simplified arrangements. This includes:
- retailers selling finished goods to end consumers
- hospitality venues such as pubs and restaurants
- those providing food to the public sector – for example schools, hospitals and prisons
- wholesalers supplying smaller retail outlets
- businesses operating factory canteens Registration is a simple online process.
First published 4 September 2023