Workplace transport safety of concrete premises inspection campaign
HSENI safety inspections to assess the management of workplace transport-related risks.
The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI), has announced that it will carry out a workplace transport safety inspection campaign at concrete premises, commencing on Monday 17 April 2023.
During the campaign, which will run until July, HSENI Inspectors will conduct focused inspections to assess the management of workplace transport-related risks, an essential responsibility of employers to help keep employees safe at work.
Inspections will include three key areas essential to manage workplace transport effectively:
- Is there a traffic management plan in place for the site?
- Are pedestrians and vehicles adequately segregated?
- Are there dedicated routes for pedestrians to travel around the site which offer physical protection from moving vehicles?
- Are there adequate arrangements in place to control the risks to small load customers and members of the public on site?
- Are measures in place to ensure vehicle all-round visibility?
- Are procedures in place to carry out pre-use checks and report defects?
- Have statutory examinations been completed for vehicles used for lifting?
- Do drivers hold adequate licenses and have training certificates for the vehicles they are authorised to drive?
- Is there a program of driver refresher training in place?
- Are there measures in place to prevent drivers falling from height during sheeting / loading activities?
First published 4 April 2023