Business Explorer Programme
The Business Explorer Programme can help you explore the best way forward within your business to effect change through innovative solutions.
There are two levels of funding within the Business Explorer programme. You can apply initially for Explore, which will give you access to specialist support through an academic or industry specialist to begin to explore the challenges within your business or the idea you would like to develop. You can progress from Explore to Plan to continue working with an academic or industry specialist to develop a plan to integrate the solution or new idea into your business.
To be eligible for either level of support your business must:
- Be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) with 5 – 249 employees (part-time/full time).
- Be an SME which is a manufacturing or tradable services company, located on the island of Ireland (North or South).
- Be financially viable by demonstrating a minimum of £250,000 annual turnover to £40 million (guided figure). Priority given to businesses with less than 100 staff and less than £10 million turnover.
- Have a minimum 2 year trading history.
- Be an SME indigenous to the island of Ireland.
- Be an SME which is able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support an InterTradeIreland Innovation programme project at senior management level.
There are also additional eligibility criteria specific to each level of support.
Businesses involved in the following sectors are not considered eligible for funding: Wholesale/retail, distribution, tourism, hospitality, primary agriculture, personal services. Professional business services will only be considered where the proposed project will develop a product or service which will be traded internationally.
Business Explorer - Explore
Offers 5 days of academic/specialist support and funding of up to £5,000 + VAT.
Business Explorer - Plan
Offers 18 days of academic/specialist support and funding of up to £20,000 + VAT.