Small Business Rate Relief
Rate relief for a property used by a small business.
Eligibility for the SBRR is based on the Net Annual Value (NAV) of your business property.
There are three levels of SBRR:
- business properties with a NAV of £2,000 or less will receive a reduction of 50 per cent relief
- business properties with a NAV of more than £2,000 but not more than £5,000 will receive 25 per cent relief
- business properties with a NAV of more than £5,000 but not more than £15,000 will receive a 20 per cent relief
Exclusions for SBRR
The following exclusions apply in relation to the SBRR scheme:
- unoccupied properties
- partially unoccupied properties
- Automatic Telling Machines (ATMs)
- property used for the display of advertisements
- car parks
- sewage works
- telecommunications masts
- government buildings
- contiguous properties
- multiple properties (more than three)
- sports and recreational relief
- freight and transport relief
- industrial derating
Small Business Rate Relief will be automatically applied to your business rates bill by Land & Property Services (LPS) if you qualify. There is no application procedure for the SBRR.
- Land & Property Services (LPS)