There are advantages and also potential challenges for NI companies doing business in the Netherlands.
- member of EU single market
- similar culture to the UK
- easy access to the market as located close to UK
- early adopter of new technology
- one of the world's most open economies
Doing business in the Netherlands does not present major challenges to UK companies as the Dutch market is similar to the UK.
However, the market is very open, and therefore highly competitive. NI companies should be well prepared in order to meet the competition from both domestic and international companies.