There are many advantages to having suitable employment policies in place. For example, setting standards within your business can help with healthy workplace relations.
Other advantages of having employment policies can include:
- a reduction in the need for disciplinary and legal action
- increased productivity and morale
- better employee retention
- employees know what is expected of them
- protection from breaches of employment legislation
- a framework where delegation of decision making is equitably agreed can maintain morale
Clear policy making can also be positive for your business' reputation externally, eg among clients and the local community.
Having suitable policies in place can also make it easier to attract new staff.
To access templates for workplace policies that you can download, tailor and use, see HR documents and templates.