Networking for staff development
Advantages of international networking
Many businesses have international dimensions, eg foreign suppliers or customers, overseas branches or staff with a foreign background.
Some belong to international networks of similar businesses because it helps them to manage those international dimensions better and to benefit from them.
Benefits of international networks
Benefits of belonging to international networks can include opportunities to:
- receive information on developments in an overseas industry/sector or market
- set up staff exchanges to facilitate understanding, to help developing countries and to share practices and knowledge
- engage in skills building and training processes, eg employment processes, export/import procedures
- improve your understanding of regulations and documentation, eg for overseas customs or licensing authorities
- meet potential overseas suppliers or new customers
Find out about the Enterprise Europe Network Northern Ireland.
A European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) is a legal framework that allows businesses in the European Union to establish links with each other and work together in business without losing their independence.