If you use any of your land as a caravan site, either for residential or holiday use, you must apply for a licence from the local council where the land is located.
How to apply for a caravan site licence
In order to obtain a licence, you must:
- apply in writing to the district council
- specify the land you intend to use as a caravan site
- send the district council any information they require - eg scaled plans of the site layout
- pay the relevant fee
- have planning permission to operate a caravan site on the land
- not have had a licence revoked within the previous three years
To apply for a caravan site licence, you should contact your local council.
Caravan site licence conditions
Once you have obtained a licence, there will also caravan site licence conditions and exemptions that you must comply with. These may change depending on the land and the local council's requirements. There are also some cases where you may be exempt from the requirement to have a licence for your caravan site.