To ensure that your telemarketing campaign is effective and efficient, it is important that you evaluate its success at regular intervals. There are a number of methods you can use to measure the results of your campaigns, such as the following:
- comparing it to previous campaigns from the year before that ran within the same time period
- keeping track of calls and orders received and compare these results with the previous year's statistics
- judging the effectiveness of the cold calls by the reactions of customers contacted
- assessing the number of leads generated within a particular time period
- recording the number of meetings that are generated from the leads received
- comparing the cost of the telemarketing against the money made in overall sales
- checking the value of sales in pounds made per hour
You should consider running a test telemarketing campaign to work out how you will assess success or failure, before you begin a more permanent campaign. You can then use this information for any future campaigns you decide to undertake.
You should record any information specific for a campaign, such as:
- the telemarketed product
- the number of calls
- the targeted group of customers
- the address source
Ensure that you also record the costs of the address source, telephone charges and any other relevant costs for each campaign.