Sales channels to reach your customers
Reaching customers overseas
Selling abroad presents a whole new series of opportunities but also challenges. For example:
- Do you have the financial and other resources to exploit the market?
- Have you done the necessary market research?
- Do you understand local regulations?
- How will you handle delivery and payment?
- How will you provide after-sales service?
Selling directly to customers overseas requires you to deal with all these challenges yourself, but can be a relatively straightforward option. For example, you might set up an e-commerce website and accept overseas orders, or use trade shows to market your business overseas.
Alternatively, you may want to work with a distributor or agent who already has the local market knowledge and contacts that you need.
The most complex - but potentially the most rewarding - option can be to establish your own local presence. For example, you might open a local office or set up a joint venture.
Read more about entering overseas markets.