Business rates help and guidance
A well-structured mentoring programme can benefit both your business and your employees.
Benefits of mentoring to your business
- broaden staff's insight into your business
- increase productivity and improve the mentee's performance
- help to engage employees, which should lead to better retention levels and lower staff turnover
- give the mentor a sense of responsibility and the satisfaction of passing on their knowledge
- build relationships between employees by encouraging the exchange of information and experience
Benefits of mentoring to the mentee
- help the mentee integrate more effectively within the organisation
- increase mentees' confidence
- give the mentee a stronger awareness of the culture and objectives of the business
- allow the mentee to acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses, which can in turn lead to faster learning and personal development
What makes a good mentor?
- Good communication skills - the mentor will share information with the mentee and should encourage the mentee to develop their own views and opinions.
- The skills and experience to develop and provide guidance to the mentee - the mentor should be able to clarify the mentee's ideas and help them plan to achieve their goals.
- Good social skills - the mentor should help the mentee expand their network of contacts by developing networking skills.