Monitoring and measuring your business performance can give you an idea of how well your business is doing. It can help you spot new market opportunities, reduce costs, access new customers and increase your competitiveness.
To make the most of these benefits, you must understand how to correctly track and assess your performance and set the right targets and metrics for your business.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- Health and safety basics for business
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services