Job offers and staff inductions
New starter pack for staff
It may be useful to put together a new starter pack of information which can be given to new staff. New starter packs could be either sent when they have accepted the job or handed to the worker on the day they begin work.
What should a new starter pack contain?
A new starter pack could contain information about the organisation, employment documents and facilities such as:
- the latest annual report
- an organisational chart
- the latest staff newsletter
- health and safety arrangements
- their terms and conditions of employment
- a copy of the staff handbook
- any other policies, rules or procedures that apply to your business
- a diagram setting out the location of photocopiers, meeting rooms, eating facilities, lavatories and fire exits
LRA Workplace Information Service03300 555 300