When using the internet for business, you need a clear written set of IT policies and procedures. This is important from both business and legal perspectives.
For example, you need to let website visitors know how your site operates and how you might use their personal data. You also need to make clear the copyright of site content.
At the same time, you need clear guidelines on how your staff should use the internet, email and social media, both for personal and business use.
This guide gives sample wording for common internet-related statements and notices. It outlines the main issues that these notices should cover, which in turn will help you to write your own statements tailored to your business' needs.
You can use and modify these sample policies and notices without infringing copyright.
Know your legal responsibilities
- Do you need a licence?
- Get the right business insurance
- Comply with the law when providing goods and services
- Know your customers' rights
- Distance and online selling rules
- Understand pricing legislation
- Buying goods from outside NI
- Selling goods outside NI
- GDPR compliance checklist
- Pay your business rates
- Understand staff contracts and your responsibilities
- Taking on contractors and subcontractors
- What you need to do about health and safety
- Know your legal obligations on pensions
Understand tax and VAT
Sell and market your products or services