Write a business plan: step-by-step
Business plan: your operations
Your business plan also needs to outline your operational capabilities and any planned improvements. There are certain areas you should focus on.
- Do you have any business property?
- What are your long-term commitments to the property?
- Do you own or rent it?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of your current location?
Producing your goods and services
- Do you need your own production facilities or would it be cheaper to outsource any manufacturing processes?
- If you do have your own facilities, how modern are they?
- What is the capacity compared with existing and forecasted demand?
- Will any investment be needed?
- Who will be your suppliers?
- Have you got established procedures for stock control, management accounts and quality control?
- Can they cope with any proposed expansion?
- IT is a key factor in most businesses, so include your strengths and weaknesses in this area.
- Outline the reliability and the planned development of your systems.
For more information see an introduction to IT.