Complain against an undischarged bankrupt or disqualified company director

Complaining about disqualified directors or undischarged bankrupts


If you report any evidence of a breach by a disqualified director, an undischarged bankrupt or a person subject to bankruptcy restrictions to the Insolvency Service, you should provide the following information if you know it:

  • the name of the person you are complaining about
  • details of any company that the person is involved with
  • details of any credit the person has obtained
  • details of any failure by the person to disclose their bankruptcy name
  • your own name and details
  • your company's details, if you are complaining on behalf of one
  • how you found out this information
  • others who can confirm this information

You can pass on this information over the telephone by calling the Insolvency Service on Tel 028 9054 8531.

Make a complaint to the Insolvency Service online with the Department for the Economy (DfE).

If you submit your complaint by post, you should send it to the following address:

The Insolvency Service
Fermanagh House
Ormeau Avenue

You can also send the form to the Insolvency Service by email to

Process after reporting a bankrupt or a director

When you have submitted your complaint, the Insolvency Service will acknowledge your complaint and conduct enquiries into the allegations.

If these enquiries indicate that an offence may have been committed, a report will be submitted to the PSNI. You should note that you may be asked to give a formal written statement confirming the information you previously provided to the Insolvency Service.

If you wish to submit an anonymous complaint, the Insolvency Service may be able to pass the matter to the relevant prosecuting authority. However, you should note that they may not be able to proceed in the absence of suitable evidence and/or an appropriate witness.

  • Insolvency Service NI Enquiry Line
    028 9054 8531
Developed with:
  • Insolvency Service