In any business, it may sometimes be necessary to take disciplinary action against employees.
This guide covers disciplinary procedures, hearings and appeals, and outlines the disciplinary action you can take. It also explains that you must have written disciplinary rules and procedures and that you must tell your staff about them.
It covers the following topics:
- your written disciplinary rules and procedures
- whether or not your rules and procedures are contractual
- what you should include in your rules and procedures
- how you should go about investigating a disciplinary issue
- when informal or formal action is needed
- carrying out a formal hearing
- dealing with grievances during the disciplinary process
- disciplinary action you can take
- carrying out a hearing for an appeal against your decision