Training your staff
Find training courses in Northern Ireland
There are many organisations offering training courses throughout Northern Ireland.
Choosing a training provider: what to consider
When deciding who to select for your training provider, you should consider:
- Does the trainer understand your business? Is their experience relevant to your sector?
- Is the training at the right level, is it tailored to your business, as opposed to being a generic course?
- Do the logistics of the training satisfy you? Is it run at an appropriate venue, at the right times and dates?
- Is the trainer or training business linked to any associations who can recommend them?
- Could you speak to other clients who have undergone the training?
It is likely that there will be a number of suppliers offering possible courses. You should investigate each one thoroughly to ensure they meet your requirements before going ahead.
Where to find training courses
- Our Events Finder lists business events from organisations across Northern Ireland, including training courses, conferences, workshops, seminars and webinars.
- The Department for the Economy (DfE) offers a range of employer support programmes and services to meet a variety of employer/employee needs.
- Learndirect offers access to business courses that can be tailored to your needs. Employees can also study for recognised qualifications in the workplace.
- The Open University provides over 600 distance learning courses that allow employees to study for university qualifications. Employees can complete courses at a pace that suits them. They are supported throughout by a tutor and a range of course materials.
- Specialist Provision for Industry using College Expertise (SPICE) offers a range of training courses specifically aimed at business and industry. View all SPICE courses.
- Regional colleges offer practical business support solutions. They range from provision of training and workforce development, to activities aimed at improving business competitiveness and productivity. Find a list of Northern Ireland's regional Further Education (FE) colleges.
Support to help your business with training needs analysis
Invest Northern Ireland offers help and advice to local businesses on upskilling their workforce. The training needs analysis workshops give you an insight into the tools and techniques used by learning and development professionals to analyse training needs.