Innovate UK funding competitions
How to apply for Innovate UK funding
If you want to develop an innovative product or service, you may be able to apply to Innovate UK for funding of between £25,000 and £10 million.
Not all projects and businesses may be eligible to apply. Some competitions are open to specific sectors only, while others may be open to all - see what does Innovate UK support.
Who can apply for Innovate UK funding?
You can apply for funding if you are a UK-based business. Businesses of any size - from start up to large companies - can apply.
Types of eligible projects
You can apply for Innovate UK funding if you want to do one or more of the following:
- carry out a feasibility study to test your idea and make sure it will work
- create a new product or service, or improve an existing one, through research and development
- work with other businesses or research organisations on collaborative projects
Read more about the application process in Innovate UK's guidance for applicants.
In addition to innovation funding and finance, Innovate UK can also help businesses to innovate by providing access to:
- knowledge, skills, equipment and partners
- entrepreneurial expertise, mentoring and advice
- lead customers, particularly in the public sector, through the small business research initiative (SBRI) programme
If you are a business in Northern Ireland (NI), you can contact Invest NI's Collaborative R&D Support Service on Tel 0800 181 4422 for expert advice and guidance on the full range of Innovate UK's programmes.
For more information, download guidance for Innovate UK competition applicants (PDF, 3.14MB).
Watch the video below to find out more about Innovate UK's application process.
Invest NI Helpline0800 181 4422
Innovate UK Competitions Helpline0300 321 4357