Artificial intelligence in business
How are businesses using artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is steadily passing into everyday business use. From workflow management to trend predictions, AI has many different uses in business. It also provides new business opportunities.
Application of artificial intelligence in business
You can use AI technologies to:
- Improve customer services - eg use virtual assistant programs to provide real-time support to users (for example, with billing and other tasks).
- Automate workloads - eg collect and analyse data from smart sensors, or use machine learning (ML) algorithms to categorise work, automatically route service requests, etc.
- Optimise logistics - eg use AI-powered image recognition tools to monitor and optimise your infrastructure, plan transport routes, etc.
- Increase manufacturing output and efficiency - eg automate production line by integrating industrial robots into your workflow and teaching them to perform labour-intensive or mundane tasks.
- Prevent outages - eg use anomaly detection techniques to identify patterns that are likely to disrupt your business, such as an IT outage. Specific AI software may also help you to detect and deter security intrusions.
- Predict performance - eg use AI applications to determine when you might reach performance goals, such as response time to help desk calls.
- Predict behaviour - eg use ML algorithms to analyse patterns of online behaviour to, for example, serve tailored product offers, detect credit card fraud or target appropriate adverts.
- Manage and analyse your data - eg AI can help you interpret and mine your data more efficiently than ever before and provide meaningful insight into your assets, your brand, staff or customers.
- Improve your marketing and advertising - for example, effectively track user behaviour and automate many routine marketing tasks.
See further examples of artificial intelligence use in business, as well as examples of digital innovation in business.