Artificial intelligence (AI) is all around us. You have likely used it on your daily commute, searching the web or checking your latest social media feed.
Whether you're aware of it or not, AI has a massive effect on your life, as well as your business. Here are some examples of AI that you may already be using daily.
Artificial intelligence in business management
Applications of AI in business management include:
- spam filters
- smart email categorisation
- voice to text features
- smart personal assistants, such as Siri, Cortana and Google Now
- automated responders and online customer support
- process automation
- sales and business forecasting
- security surveillance
- smart devices that adjust according to behaviour
- automated insights, especially for data-driven industries (eg financial services or e-commerce)
Artificial intelligence in e-commerce
AI in e-commerce can be evident in:
- smart searches and relevance features
- personalisation as a service
- product recommendations and purchase predictions
- fraud detection and prevention for online transactions
- dynamic price optimisation
Artificial intelligence in marketing
Examples of AI in marketing include:
- recommendations and content curation
- personalisation of news feeds
- pattern and image recognition
- language recognition - to digest unstructured data from customers and sales prospects
- ad targeting and optimised, real-time bidding
- customer segmentation
- social semantics and sentiment analysis
- automated web design
- predictive customer service
These are only some of the examples of AI uses in business. With the pace of development increasing, there will likely be much more to come in the near future.
Find a recent Intellectual Property Office report on artificial Intelligence - a worldwide overview of AI patents.
Read also about the business benefits of artificial intelligence.