Customer relationship management
How to find the right CRM supplier
For many businesses, customer relationship management (CRM) can be a large investment. It is therefore vital to choose your supplier carefully. Making the wrong choice could be expensive and even jeopardise your business.
Questions to ask a CRM supplier
Before implementing a solution based on CRM technology, you might want to ask any potential suppliers the following questions:
- How long has the supplier been established?
- What are the specific costs associated with the product, ie a one-off purchase price, an annual renewable license, a charge per user etc?
- Does the supplier offer any form of evaluation software that allows you to try before you buy?
- How much do they charge for technical support?
- Does the supplier provide consultancy and, if so, at what rates?
- Is the system scalable? If your customer base grows, will the system expand to cope?
- Can the supplier recommend any third-party developers that make use of their core CRM products?
- Is there an active, independent user group where you can freely exchange experience and ideas?
- Can the supplier provide references for businesses in your industry sector that use their software?
- Do they offer training in the CRM solution and, if so, at what typical cost?