As an employer, you might find it hard to judge whether you are supporting your employees' need to balance their work commitments with their home life.
How to recognise poor employee work-life balance
Tell-tale signs of poor work-life balance in your employees include:
- decrease in productivity
- employees doing a lot of overtime
- employees taking a lot of time off to deal with 'emergencies' involving children or other dependants
- high levels of employee stress
- high rates of absenteeism or staff sickness
- high levels of staff turnover
If you recognise a number of these symptoms affecting your staff and your business you may need to take action to create a healthy work-life balance in your workplace.