Promote healthy work-life balance in your business
Identify work-life balance problems
As an employer, you might find it hard to judge whether you are supporting your employees' need to balance their work commitments with their home life.
How to recognise poor employee work-life balance
Tell-tale signs of poor work-life balance in your employees include:
- decrease in productivity
- employees doing a lot of overtime
- employees taking a lot of time off to deal with 'emergencies' involving children or other dependants
- high levels of employee stress
- high rates of absenteeism or staff sickness
- high levels of staff turnover
If you recognise a number of these symptoms affecting your staff and your business you may need to take action to create a healthy work-life balance in your workplace.