Help HMRC stop illegal trading and fraud

Illegal activity you can report to HMRC and UK Visas and Immigration

You can contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and the UK Visas and Immigration to report information you have about illegal trading in:

  • drugs
  • alcohol
  • cigarettes and tobacco
  • firearms and explosives
  • cash
  • financial products such as shares and securities
  • hydrocarbon oils
  • military equipment - including any breaches of sanctions and arms embargoes
  • weapons of mass destruction or their components
  • indecent and obscene material - including child pornography
  • meat and other foodstuffs
  • endangered and protected species
  • high-value goods such as works of art, antiques, gold, jewellery, etc
  • counterfeit goods
  • dangerous substances

You can also contact HMRC to report information about tax frauds involving:

  • Aggregates Levy
  • Betting and Gaming Duty
  • Climate Change Levy
  • Excise duties - including illegal use of rebated 'red' diesel
  • Insurance Premium Tax
  • Landfill Tax
  • VAT - including Missing Trader Intra Community (MTIC) fraud (also known as 'carousel' fraud)

Report an immigration or border crime.

Read more about contacting the HMRC Fraud Hotline.