Selling or closing a business

Informing Companies House when selling or closing a business


If you are selling a limited company you should appoint new directors before you resign as a director yourself. You will need to inform Companies House about these changes using WebFiling.

If you are closing a limited company the way you inform Companies House may be different. See closing a company or partnership.

  • Companies House Contact Centre
    0303 1234 500