Standards can help you ensure your products, services or business systems meet fixed specifications or quality benchmarks.
Their use is voluntary, but can bring a range of business benefits. They can help you:
- build or grow the market for your products and services
- make sure products are compatible and interoperate with other related products
- boost credibility with customers and suppliers
- manage your business more effectively
- make the most of your innovations
This guide sets out what standards are and how they can benefit your business. It also covers the management system standards that can help you run your business more effectively.