Holders of a Taxi Operator Licence in Northern Ireland have to comply with certain standards and conditions.
Once your licence is granted by the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) you must:
- comply with all conditions attached to your licence eg in relation to record keeping
- display your licence where the public can see it at your operating centres
- inform DVA of any changes to the details on your licence within seven working days of the change eg any new convictions or changes to a partnership
- notify DVA of any changes to the drivers working for you or the vehicles in your fleet eg adding drivers or vehicles to your licence or substitute vehicles
- comply with all legal requirements eg health and safety regulations
You must only use drivers or vehicles that are listed on your licence to provide taxi services. If you want to take on new drivers or add new vehicles to your fleet (or replace vehicles with newer models) you must notify DVA and pay a variation fee.
You also need to inform DVA if you are no longer using a particular driver or vehicle. However you don’t need to pay a variation fee.