Consumer law affects most businesses in Northern Ireland. If you supply goods or services to consumers, your business should be aware of the regulations. Every time you sell something you make a contract with the consumer.
The rules cover the information a consumer is entitled to receive before their purchase and their right to cancel a contract. There is a 14 day cooling-off period for consumers who bought goods or services online, by mail order, by telephone or away from your normal trading premises.
The rules also cover:
- the information which you must make available to customers before and after making a sale
- clear rights when consumers change their minds
- delivery times and who is responsible during the delivery process
- extra payments no longer allowed to be a default option
- new rules on customer helplines charges
This guide helps you to understand consumer contract law and allow you to make the right information available to your customers.