Help available for business rates
There are a number of reliefs available to business ratepayers.
Emergency support for businesses affected by flooding
There is emergency rate relief available for non-domestic rates on properties that have been flooded as well as support to help businesses temporarily relocate.
For more information, see emergency rate relief for businesses affected by recent flooding.
This guide outlines the various business rates reliefs and allowances available and how to apply for them if you are eligible. These non-domestic rate support schemes include:
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Small Business Rate Relief for small Post Offices
- Charitable Exemption for rates
- Sports and Recreation Rate Relief
- Residential Homes Rate Relief
- Industrial Derating
- Non-Domestic Vacant Rating
- Hardship Rate Relief
- Back in Business rate support (closed to applications)
You should continue to pay your rates while Land & Property Services (LPS) considers your application. This will help you to avoid paying a large amount in one go if your application is unsuccessful. If your application is successful LPS will refund any rates you have overpaid.
Queries on your business rates
If you have a query regarding your business rates you should contact Land & Property Services.