Trade shows and exhibitions
International trade fairs
Attending trade fairs abroad, either as an exhibitor or a customer, can be an excellent way to test and open up foreign markets and find new suppliers.
If you're thinking of exhibiting, it's a good idea to make an exploratory visit first. This allows you to:
- make contacts
- do some research
- see the competition
You should then be well placed to find the right fair and position your business effectively.
Tips on preparing for an international trade fair
If you’re considering attending a trade fair overseas, you should consider:
- researching the culture of the country
- if you need to create marketing material in multiple languages
- the budget available for travel and accommodation
Some obvious issues to consider are differences in language and legislation. More difficult to pin down are the cultural aspects of doing business in other countries. Try getting information from:
- the country's embassy in the UK
- international Chambers of Commerce
- foreign trade associations
Read more about the available support from Invest Northern Ireland to help local businesses to take part in overseas exhibitions.