Step-by-step guide to starting a business
If you are considering starting up a new business, you need to consider a number of factors to ensure the best chance of success.
As well as your product or service, you will need to think about:
- what you will name your business
- what business structure you will use
- how you are going to run your business
- how you are going to attract customers and market your business
- how you will finance your business venture
This guide outlines important considerations when planning and setting up your new business, including finding and keeping customers, finance for start-ups, business plans for start-ups and tax and legal considerations for new businesses.
Free business start-up support
Access free start-up business support from your local council. They will provide tailored support and guidance with a local business adviser to help you to create a business plan, seek funding and put all the foundations in place to get your business up and running.
Complete a short enquiry form or call 0800 027 0639 to register for this free support service.